1. Currently teaching in a licensed or approved not-for-profit private education school (or) an accredited Massachusetts charter school.
2. Have at least two (2) years experience teaching at their present school.
1. Relevance of the course selected to the teacher's area of expertise and career development.
2. Review of the teacher's written essay describing his or her present teaching situation, value of the course to be taken to enhance his or her skills or expertise.
3. Relevance of the course to a teacher seeking accreditation or licensure.
4. Strength of the references of the teacher’s supervisors.
The employer school or teacher receiving the scholarship must forward to the foundation a copy of the teacher's successful completion of the course work, including a copy of the transcript of the teacher’s grade. If the teacher failed to complete the course in a satisfactory manner, the teacher would be ineligible for any further grants from the foundation and the school at which the teacher works would be ineligible to have any other teachers apply for a grant for one year.